Saturday 23 October 2010

Belle Amie with belle amie

 


Today's trip was to Belle Amie in Earlsfield, there were no pictures of Simon Cowell in the window so we don't think it is at all related the the X Factor group.  I had to dig into my inner yummy mummy as buggies with Cath Kidston nappy bags set up camp around us but still really enjoyed the shabby chic feel.  The chocolate cake was the largest cake I've ever seen in my life.  It took three of my friends to finish a piece, it was delicious- moist and fudgey.  As Halloween is my second favourite time of year I chose a simple pumpkin gingerbread- it looked cute and tasted nice.  The tea came in what looked like a high-end bag but the water wasn't quite hot enough and was poured straight into the cup rather than a tea pot.  The milk didn't quite mix in properly and it wasn't hot enough for my liking.  Or big enough.  But I am a fussy tea drinker.  There were leaflets for craft evenings where you can, for example, knit a christmas scarf.  Gutted to learn I'll be away that evening.

Tea and cake rating 4 (excellent cakes, tea slightly disappointing)
Atmosphere 4


1 comment:

  1. You're a harsh critic!
    I think for me anything that tasted slightly like tea would be good enough.

    ReplyDelete