Friday 31 December 2010

American tea

Wow.  It's been a while- the festive season has kept me busy and away from tea and cake.  We went to America in early December.  I love going to America, especially at christmas time.  We saw a lot of the east coast, spending time in Boston, Maine and then taking the Amtrak train all the way down to Washington DC.  At no point on my trip did I have a nice cup of tea.  The issue I had was the milk.  I just don't understand american milk.  Skim, half and half- it all tastes ok as milk but once you put it in tea it is worse than UHT! 

The other strange thing about the tea was that in Boston I wanted to visit the Boston Tea Party ship.  When I think of Boston I think of the tea party and assumed there would be all manor of tourist attractions relating to this.  Nada.  The ship, which incidentally, was on my map, was just not there.  All just proves that America is not the land for tea.  It is, however, the land of cocoa!!!!  We accidentally stumbled across the tree lighting ceremony aboard the USS Constitution.  After the ceremony there was free cocoa and cookies for everyone, happily served by members of the US Navy.  One of the most festive things I've ever done, can you imagine this happening in London????

No comments:

Post a Comment